Blog Background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Flowers

Don't you just love springtime, the birds are singing and the flowers are starting to pop up. The sun is getting warmer this time of year and you know it won't be too much longer before its time for short sleeves again. One of my favourite springtime flowers is tulips. They come in such a rainbow of colours and their scent is beautiful.
The current challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog fits perfectly with this time of year. This week you had to make a card that fits with the theme "April Showers Bring Spring Flowers". This week has been the first time I have been able to papercraft since my neck surgery so I was finally able to make an Easter card for this year. Yes, its a week late but what other choice did I have. I am also entering this card in the current challenge at the Pile It On blog. Their challenge this week is "Pop It Up" and I believe this card is a pop-up type. I just loved this stamp when I bought it and I was determined I would use it no matter what.
Here is the card I finally got to make:
The stamp is Tina Wenke's "Rabbit in Watering Can". Isn't this stamp cute? The cardstock is Core'dinations and the patterned paper is some left over paper in my scrap box. I inked the edges of the patterned paper with ink from Close To My Heart which is also where the sentiment is from. The image on my card was coloured with the following copic markers: C3, C5, RV11, RV34, V12, V15, V17, Y06, YG41 & YG67. I have 3 blendable violet copics now so I took a chance on blending the tulips on my card. As this is the very first time I have ever tried the blending technique with markers of any kind, I am super excited with the results.
Anyway, my neck is now screaming with pain at me after being on the computer for a bit getting my posts up so I am off to rest it again. I hope all of you are well. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit. Take care and stay safe.
Hugs xo

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Easter card Tracey, lovely shape. I'm sorry I don't know how to add an email subscription to my blog, if I find out how to I will let you know. I am now a follower of your blog so any new cards of mine should come up on your blog list. Thank you so much for asking and becoming a follower of my blog too. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cool!! Love the fold. Such a cute image too and the colors and the image are perfect together. Great job!!
    Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FABULOUS card! I LOVE that image! Tulips are one of my favorites too! :)
    Thank You for joining us at PIO last week!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.