Blog Background

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Mother`s Day Card

I finally got another card made! Only 1 more left to make for a Mother and I will be ready for Sunday.
One of the challenges I chose to work with this week is Card Makin`Mamas Challenge 44 - Spring Photo Challenge. Their photo this week caught my attention immediately. Here it is:

This cake looks so yummy. The inspiration I took from this picture is the colours and flowers.

Sketchy Colours had a sketch challenge for us this week. Here is the sketch Marianne designed and gave us for inspiration:

Here is my card:


I just love my Sara Kay stamps and decided to use Zoe Gazing at the Butterfly as my image. I coloured her with the following Copics: B02, B06, B12, E31, E33, G02, R000, RV19, RV23, V12 and Y06. other than the copic paper for my image, all of the other paper is Hot Off the Press. The flowers are Prima and the ribbon is Offray. I used a doily again which is Wilton. I decided to try adding paper leaves with my flowers so I cut them out on my cricut using the Reminisce Accents cartridge and CTMH green cardstock. The gems in the centers of my flowers and up the right hand side of my card are from my stash as is the pink butterfly.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Well folks, thats it for me tonight. Thank you so much for stopping by to have a peak at my newest card.
Hugs xo    




6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card!!

    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card- very pretty!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card in beautiful colors! Thanks for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors this week! Hope to see you back at our next one too :)
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! What cheerful spring-like colours you've chosen, and what an adorable image! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Tracy, love the colours. I was pleased to see you won at Addicted to stamps last week congratulations. Thanks for stopping by my blog, take care, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling image and car,d Tracy!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.