Blog Background

Saturday, May 30, 2009

365 Cards Days 86, 87 & 88

Wow, this week has been a wee bit busy around my house. The good part is that the weather outside has been mostly fantastic and I was even able to enjoy some of it. In this post, I have 3 cards to upload for this week's challenges over at 365 Cards. I have fallen way behind this week and I still have 3 more cards to tell you about after these ones, but those will have to wait till later. On to Monday's challenge at 365.
Day 86 - Grape Fun
The challenge: use purple as the primary colour and incorporate atleast 5 circles on the card. This is what I came up with.


Recipee:
Hot Off The Press purple paper
Crafts ribbon & DMC floss
Maya Roads chipboard tree
Creative Memories pen
CTMH buttons & inks
Unknown cardstock, green paper & dragonfly

Day 87 - The "Eyes" Have It
This challenge was to use the word "eye" somewhere on your card. After a ton of thinking, I decided to look on the computer under clip art images for a colouring book style picture of a cyclops. When I came across this image of Cyclops from the X-men, I knew I had found my theme for this challenge.


Recipee:
CTMH inks & watercolour pencils
Crafts Birthday Cake charm
Stikopotamus sticker letters
"Cyclops" X-Men picture from Computer
Unknown cardstock & ribbon

Day 88 - Quite A Pair
Today's challenge was to "design an anniversary or engagement card; no wedding cards." For this challenge, I decided to emboss plain navy blue cardstock instead of using a patterned paper. I also used a blending pen to blend in the watercolour pencils so that it would have the "look" of being painted with actual watercolour paints. I don't think you can read the charm I attached to the bow, but it says "Cherish".


Recipee:
Unknown cardstock & Versa Mark ink pad
Sheer Creations ribbon
Prima flowers & Queen & Company brads
CTMH inks, watercolour pencils, blending pen, "Say It In Style" stamp set, embossing powder & "Cherish" word charm
Stampin' Up "Baroque" stamping wheel & "Summer By The Sea" stamp set

Thanks for stopping by to have a look, and I hope to be back today with the other 3 card challenges for this week. I still have 2 I have to make yet. Here's hoping I make it...lol!
Hugs xo

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

2 comments:

  1. such fabulous card...lovin' all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful cards, and your Day 86 card is so cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.