Blog Background

Monday, December 26, 2011

"Ms Holiday Cheer"

Whew....what a whirlwind these past couple of days have been! I never did get back on here Christmas Eve to post this card but I still want to share it with you. Both Simon Says Stamp and Pam at 365 Cards brought us another fabulous challenge this past week, Day 297 - White Space. I was also able to enter this card in Barb's Non-Traditional Colour Challenge at My Sketch World where the challenge is to create a Christmas card using non-traditional colours. Although there is a wee bit of green (trees HAVE to be green), my main colours are pink, black & white. The bling I used combined with Barb's challenge also makes this card eligible for this month's challenge over at Pile It On
Here is the sketch Pam gave us to go with this challenge:

Here is the Bingo Card we had to pick a row from that Simon Says Stamp gave us to work with: the challenge was to pick a row on the bingo card and use those elements on your creation. The row can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.


The row I chose is: Ribbon/Twine, Gems and Sparkle/Glitter. For full details on this challenge, go to Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Lets Play Bingo.


At first, I wasn't too sure how this would turn out but when I was done, I totally loved my card. Here is what I came up with:
Recipe: cardstock - Recollections; stamps - "Ms Holiday Cheer" stamp set from CTMH; ink and water colour pencils - CTMH; pink stickles - Ranger; pink ribbon and gems - from my stash.

I hope you have enjoyed my card & thanks for stopping by.


Hugs,





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Tracey :-) The image is fab and I love how you made her ribbon belt ,, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is this card, love the chic girl.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.